Hello, I'm Jake, a ceramic artist in Porthleven. I like to throw forms, both functional and decorative.
Before I came to focus solely on clay, surfing and environmental research took me around the world including Pacific islands, Patagonia, Indonesia and the Himalayas.
Having grown up surfing the rocky reefs of Porthleven, I was curious to incorporate small amounts of the rock into ceramics; phylite, and the metaliferous minerals from the are cliffs, merge within the glaze allowing a connection to this special place.
Through my work with clay rock and fire, I aspire to connect the everday with the elements to convey the stillness of nature.
Feel free to drop by at my studio just off the high street in Porthleven, or message me here through the 'contact' page.
Tide, The Gue, Porthleven, Cornwall, TR13 9HX
- Where the Path Leads Summer House Gallery September 2018
- Far West Summer House Gallery June 2018
- See Shells and Climate Change: an exploration of eastern and western perspectives University of Exeter March 2018 video
- Lecturer in ceramics Truro and Penwith College
- Throwing a cup on the potters wheel - see ‘throwing a cup’ page