Hello - I’m Jake, a ceramics artist in Porthleven, Cornwall. My inspiration comes from the environment and the natural beauty of the sea and rocks. My journey to ceramics began in the back garden, playing with clay as a child, I was encouraged by my artist parents to tinker, ponder and enjoy the process of making.
Before I came to focus solely on clay, a PhD in climate science together with teaching geography and science, took me to remote places including working with monks in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Kathmandu. All these experiences inspire my work I make today as I continue to explore environment, climate and spirit through the medium of clay.
Google maps pin
- Where the Path Leads Summer House Gallery September 2018
- Far West Summer House Gallery June 2018
- See Shells and Climate Change: an exploration of eastern and western perspectives University of Exeter March 2018 video
- Lecturer in ceramics Truro and Penwith College
- Throwing a cup on the potters wheel available through - see 'experiences'.
There is an option to sign up for occasional newsletters, email addresses provided will only be used for news updates and will never be passed on to third parties.